Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Minor problem with the Count Cain page

  1. #1
    Inactive Member crystalgryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2003
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ano, Crisis? Sorry to bother you, but when I tried to grab the new Count Cain chapter, the page http://www.sakura-crisis.net/translations/countcain/ showed up as being blank. From the looks of the source, the problem is that neither of the page's TABLE tags is closed. Could you please fix that so that the page will at least be visible in browsers that expect syntactically correct HTML?

    (Yes, I did get past it to the chapter--it's just annoying to have to resort to examining the source code.)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry...this has nothing to do with Cain.

    But I don't know if it is just me but when I click on the SCANLATIONS link I am brought to the Love Mode link O_o

    Umm..I when I do click on it this is the Url I get http://www.sakura-crisis.net/translations/


    Weird or what?? O_O

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ May 12, 2003 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Yaoi Manga Girl ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member crystalgryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2003
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    @Yaoi Manga Girl: So it is--interesting. Looks like http://www.sakura-crisis.net/translations/index.html somehow got overwritten with the love mode page during the last update.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehehe that is what I was thinking ^^


    It was actually kinda weird when I stumbled on it because I could of swore that I had clicked on Scanlations and not Love Mode. But then I realized that somehow it had got writtin over ^.^

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ May 12, 2003 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Yaoi Manga Girl ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm....maybe S-C.net is replacing the rest of the scanlations and only doing Love Mode from now on! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    The Count Cain page worked for me...but I guess Internet Explorer doesn't need syntactically (Big word [img]cool.gif[/img] ) correct HTML. ^^

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    >_____________________________________________<

    Darn it...I can't fix it either because I'm at school right now. I guess I'll throw together a quick ugly text page with links to all the manga right now. ^^***

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW! Your at school now.....what a time difference from where I am O_O Right now it is 9:32 PM. So basically I will be sleeping while you guys are up and awake.


    And you guys are a day ahead of me too because sometimes when I come here and you guys up date it will say the 13 meanwhile I am only on the 12 O_o but that has only happend twice ^^;; And I found that neat how you guys are day ahead, but I also find that weird sometimes lol [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Edit: I just noticed that when you edited right now your day Says May 13, well I am still on May 12 lol. Now that is weird O_o

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ May 12, 2003 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Yaoi Manga Girl ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member crystalgryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2003
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    @Carole Ann: No, you wouldn't notice a problem with the Count Cain page if you're using IE (because Microsoft wouldn't recognize a strict implementation of any standard if it walked up and bit them on the buttocks--pardon me, I'm a programmer in Real Life, I don't work for Micro$haft, and I think that the world would be a better place if Bill Gates had been drowned at birth). I spotted it mostly because I use (an older version of) Netscape as my general browser, but the HTML standard does require TABLE tags to be closed, and people forgetting to do that is a pet peeve of mine.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I didn't make the layout for the Cain page, so I haven't looked into it much...hmm...oh, I see what's wrong. ^x^ Sakura forgot to close the table tags in the caintop.html file, just like you said!

    I'm so sorry about that, and it's fixed. (I hope...I closed the tag, but I don't have Netscape so I can't check to see if it's truly working or not)

  10. #10
    Inactive Member crystalgryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2003
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Uh, sorry again, but if you made any changes, they aren't visible to me even after flushing the cache in my browser. ^_^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

    Note that there are TWO /TABLE tags missing from the page--I fished out caintop.html and neither of the tables opened there (the one with the image map and the one lower down) is ever closed in the fully constructed ASPified page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •